Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FRF 16.1 load balancing

Hi ,

I just want to know how FRF16.1 load balancing works ? At any point of time all of my links are utilised or some of them are used to send the traffic .

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Multilink Frame Relay provides load balancing across the bundle links within a bundle. If a bundle link chosen for transmission happens to be busy transmitting a long packet, the load-balancing mechanism can try another link, thus solving the problems seen when delay-sensitive packets have to wait.

Refer this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1838/products_feature_guide09186a0080134a9e.html#wp1051155

Hi ,

First of all thanks for ur view . Well as per your view the next link in a bundle will only be used when previous link is busy dealing with another packet / not able to handle a long packet . My concern is if I am using 6T1 links ( as a bundle ) then can I use all the links simultaneously to their full capacity ( 9 MB in this case ) to carry my 9 mb traffic ..

frame-relay multilink output-threshold (bytes)

Configures the number of bytes that a bundle link will transmit before the load-balancing mechanism causes transmission to roll over to the next available link.

?When configured on the bundle interface, this command applies to all bundle links in the bundle.

This might be helpfull to meet ur objective..

regards,

GP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: