cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

different rings for external & internal calls on analog device

maryclegg
Level 1
Level 1

We have distinguishing rings on our 7941 phones for internal and external incoming calls but on our analog phones the rings are the same. We have CM4.2. Any way to set up different rings for the analog phones?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

I'm not sure what you are using for your Analog phones, but if you are using the VG248 this is possible;

Enabling the Distinctive Ring Feature

The Distinctive Ring feature enables the VG248 to use different cadences for internal or external calls. You can leave the feature set to the default to keep the call cadence of previous releases. Or you can set either internal or external calls to have a distinctive ring.

Procedure

To enable the Distinctive Ring feature, follow these steps:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 From the main menu, choose Configure.

Step 2 Choose Telephony.

Step 3 Choose Advanced settings.

Step 4 Choose Distinctive Ring.

Step 5 Choose one of the following options:

no call distinction (default)

internal calls are distinct

external calls are distinct

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080235150.html#wp1044311

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, we are using VG224. The analog phones are on a VG224 with SCCP. We have some analog external bells on a second VG224 that is not SCCP. Do you think we can do this on a VG224?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

I have checked every VG224 doc that I can find and it doesn't look like Distinctive Ringing is supported :(

Check out the Supplementary Services;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_data_sheet09186a00801d87f6.html

Hope this helps! It's a bummer

Rob

Thanks, Rob. It is a bummer.