cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to search called number in CDR

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to see what dial number called in my company to an expecific phone number.

I want to do it with query analyzer in CCM server where CDR is enabled.

How many time CCM use to write in CDR database?. I need to know it to have the most precision in this query.

I use CCM 4.1

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Please go to Start --> Programs --> Microsoft SQL Server --> Enterprise Manager,

expand the CDR Database, click on Tables, on the right side you should be able to see all

the tables, right click on the CallDetailRecord table and select open table --> Query.

On the window you should see a lot of options, select the box for

OriginalCalledPartyNumber. Under Criteria put the extension that was called and then on the Tool bar click the ! button. You should see all the records about that extension.

A query will be created so you can also use that on the Query Analyzer.

All the calls are inserted in that table in SQL if you have the CDR enabled. So the answer is CCM writes in the CDR database many many times (one for each call that has been made on the system). The process is as follows, when a call is made a Flat File is created on the C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallDetail folder of the server were the phone is registered. Then the file disappears and gets copy to the same folder on the Publisher, finally the file disappears from the publisher to get inserted in the CallDetailRecord table in the database.

HTH

//Jorge

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Please go to Start --> Programs --> Microsoft SQL Server --> Enterprise Manager,

expand the CDR Database, click on Tables, on the right side you should be able to see all

the tables, right click on the CallDetailRecord table and select open table --> Query.

On the window you should see a lot of options, select the box for

OriginalCalledPartyNumber. Under Criteria put the extension that was called and then on the Tool bar click the ! button. You should see all the records about that extension.

A query will be created so you can also use that on the Query Analyzer.

All the calls are inserted in that table in SQL if you have the CDR enabled. So the answer is CCM writes in the CDR database many many times (one for each call that has been made on the system). The process is as follows, when a call is made a Flat File is created on the C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallDetail folder of the server were the phone is registered. Then the file disappears and gets copy to the same folder on the Publisher, finally the file disappears from the publisher to get inserted in the CallDetailRecord table in the database.

HTH

//Jorge