Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog problem - LMS 2.6

pkarolak76
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How I can check which syslog's file is source for RME (when RME generate reports) and Can I change this file to different?

Solaris LMS 2.6 RME 4.0.5

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at the /etc/syslog.conf and look for the entry:

# Added for Cisco Syslog Analyzer (begin)

local7.info /var/log/syslog_info

# Added for Cisco Syslog Analyzer (end)

You can make your changes here to the location and make sure to do a HUP on the syslogd process after changing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at the /etc/syslog.conf and look for the entry:

# Added for Cisco Syslog Analyzer (begin)

local7.info /var/log/syslog_info

# Added for Cisco Syslog Analyzer (end)

You can make your changes here to the location and make sure to do a HUP on the syslogd process after changing.

Beyond changing /etc/syslog.conf, you will have to tell RME where to look for the new syslog message file. This is done by running:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/syslogConf.pl

When dmgtd is shutdown.

Thanks for information.

I have changed my syslog.conf and now all is ok.

Before my file which store syslog information was defined like: /var/log/cw2k.log (I don't know why).

BTW. I studied manual and I found inforation that most of RME's syslog information is stored in $NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/csc/data/Collector.properties

Regards

Correct, Collector.properties is the location for all the SyslogCollector's configuration. However, the syslogConf.pl script was added in LMS 2.6 to avoid having to edit Collector.properties directly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: