Conference over WAN

Unanswered Question
Mar 30th, 2007

hi

in case of a conference of 4 CCM participants , as known the 4 streams are mixed and what reaches each participant is the 4 streams minus his own stream, then:

1: who should do the conference for a best practice, i mean to let it be a software based (on CCM)? or HW based? and if HW on what gateway this conference should be done, assume that each participant is in a remote site and the mixed call will be streamed over wan link.

2: if the 4 streams are of g729 then is the resulting mixed stream also g729 with a BW condidered as 24k (or around due to overheads)?

thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mchandak Sat, 03/31/2007 - 06:46

when using g729, S/W CFB would not work as it only supports G.711, so u will need to invoke a transcoder which would convert G729 to G711 and visa-versa. SO I'd suggest using a H/W CFB for this one. Regarding what should be used to do CFB, PVDM2 on the new Generation Router would be a good option. What should be used would depend on what network equipment is already available, the budget and how many active conf u mite have at any given point of time.

Actions

This Discussion