cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2700 Location Appliance

rochaan72
Level 1
Level 1

Deployed and setup for the first time. (4404,2700 and WCS). All the device are communicating to each other.Snmp v1/2 setup at the Controller pointing to WCS. The time of the devices are the same with ntp setup. All with the latest version Software. My problem is I can't see the clients from the Location Appliance. It won't show in the Map.

An assistant is greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Did you add the maps to the WCS? Location appliance works in conjunction with the Cisco WCS. If the maps are not added to the WCS, the location appliance will not be able to track the clients.

Also be careful that snmp queries from the location app to the controller must be allowed.

Yes I did. After a few days posting my problem to the forum, I decided to open a tac case to cisco. They asked me to send some snapshots of the setting of my Location Appliance. Before I could reply with the settings there requesting, I able to resolve the issues. I was reading of how the Controller and Location Appliance communicate. Not only that time is very important for all Unified devices have to be syncronize, It was also the SNMP V3 needs to be properly configured or the SNMP v1/2 have to be set to 0.0.0.0 When I set my snmp ip to 0.0.0.0 then everything worked. Anyhow, thank you for the responce.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card