cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call manager for voip

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, is call manager an application on a server for voip? as I saw a sticker on a router saying call manager !

3 Replies 3

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

CallManager is an application on a server/appliance for voip. CallManager Express is a smaller version of the callmanager that can reside on a router module.

Check out this link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6788/Products_Sub_Category_Home.html

thaks for that, can you explain to me what equipment you need for a voip setup, and its function if possible ?

The equipment will really depend on what type of voip setup you are trying to accomplish.

So if you want to go with the full version of CallManager (CM), than you will need the Cisco MCS 78XX server with CM application installed on it. CM application is also supported on 3rd party vendor servers but easiest would be to use the Cisco MCS servers. In addition to this you will need endpoints, for example Cisco IP Phones, you should have a switch for a voip LAN. If you wish to connect to a PSTN you will also need a voice gateway.

On the other hand if you want to use CallManager Express, than you will need a 2800/3800 ISR routers with the correct IOS for CME. You will still need endpoints and a switch. The CME has less features than the full version of CallManager and is primarily used in small medium size customer or branch offices of larger enterprises.

For more information on voip you should read the callmanager SRND and if you have further questions i recommend posting them on the IP Telephony forum.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a00806e8a79.html

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco