cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5 and forward

miket
Level 5
Level 5

Has anyone seen any bugs in CM 5 where call forward internal busy and no answer stops going to Voicemail.

I think all call forward stops working.

I have the vmail box checked.

I thought it was because we had a css in the forward css field but some work woth the vmail box checked and with a css and some dont

8 Replies 8

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

What is the exact CM version you have ?? There might be a bug associated with it, but would not be able to get the exact info without CM version. One of the bugs you mite want to look at would be CSCse12278

Mahesh,

That bug id is visible only to Cisco empl. Can you paste the output of the bug ? Is 5.1.1a affected ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

john
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever figure this out. We are seeing the same issue.

Problem seems to occur when there was a change to the Calling Search Space of the directory number. Problem goes away when the voicemail checkbox is unselected, saved, then selected. Actually, goes away with any changes to the forwarding settings. Anyone know of a recommended fix for widespread?

Hi John/Richard,

Here is the bug that you are hitting, along with the workaround and Fixed-in-version;

CSCsg11358 Bug Details

CM5.04-Calls not forwarding to voicemail

Symptom:

Phone which is configured to Call Forward No Answer to voicemail stops following the forwarding path, and continually rings.

Issue can also potentially occur with CFwdAll.

Conditions:

Running CM 5.0(4) (and possibly earlier version of CallManager 5.0).

Workaround:

Updating the CFNA to an actual DN allows it to work (if previously using the VM checkbox). If the DN is removed and the VM checkbox is used, the DN will still continue to now correctly CFNA to Voicemail.

1st Found-In

5.0(4)

Fixed-In

5.0(4.2115.1)

5.1(0.9921.19)

5.1(1.1000.7)

6.0(0.9901.23)

5.1(1.2000.2)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I think I am hitting this bug with 5.1.1.3000-5

Is this possible? Only my symptoms are that my VM checkbox doesn't work no matter what I do.

-mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the lateness of this reply, you probably have this issue fixed by now. There is also a related bug with this workaround;

Related Bugs

Calls ring forever. i.e. Calls do not go to voicemail.

Symptom: We have several cases where folks have notified us that calls to their directory numbers (DN) do not go to voicemail. Conditions: Normal Call Scenario Workaround: As a workaround: What we've done is to explicitly enter a value of "20" in the "No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)" field of that user's directory number configuration page, click Save, change the value from "20" to NULL" and click Save again. At this point, unanswered calls now go to voicemail.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Actually I haven't fixed this. I am having users forward to * instead of the VM key as a workaround. If they do that, it checks the box in CCM and doesn't work. What do you know about this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: