cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need bandwidth and peer-to-peer restricters recomendations..

sugar2ferret
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I work for a company with few stores in the USA, how can I monitor/restrict the bandwidth of the stores, for instance, I would like to block sites like youtube, hi5, etc, also efectively block MSN, WebMSN, and yahoo Messenger, and block all peer-to-peer downloads (kazaa, emule, limewire, etc etc)

My network scenario in each store is: INTERNET > CISCO > SWITCH'S > PC-USERS

thanks in advance!

Aldo

5 Replies 5

sugar2ferret
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to setup the netgear FWAG114 as a firewall with disabled routing, that is because the neatgear FWAG114 is behind a cisco router, and I dont want the "cisco integrated services router" to be replaced by the netgear, I only would like to use the firewall capabilities of the netgear. Is there a way for achieve it?

thanks in advance.

Aldo

my goal is to block, MSN messenger, youtube, and peer-2-peer clients,

my cisco have a c870-advsecurityk9-mz.123-8.YI2 IOS, I think i can block ports with the cisco ACL but cant block msn and cant block by url, thats for I mind to combine with the netgear... just a think...

Hi, I contacted the Netgear support and they told me that my Netgear appliance have disabled the routing by default, so i just changed the subnet and attached to the my cisco router, that way I got a gateway between my router and my network with url filtering capabilities. Now I have the next question derived of the action I performed...

* In the cisco device I have configured Site to Site VPN with another remote identical cisco, I have a large ACL (access contro lists), i have NAT (port forwards for many virtual servers and many services...), and if now I have the Netgear to have a different subnet, it must became the DHCP server(I think) and default gateway for the network, is that right? If yes, the cisco NAT, ACL, VPN will become useless due a different subnet... is that a way to have the Netgear as a firewall but network clients having the cisco as a default gateway having the network to have the cisco subnet instead of the netgear-firewall subnet keeping all the cisco features as well as the netgear features... or May the cisco device handle with the Middle Netgear appliance and is there a way to keep all both devices features?

Cisco --> Netgear --> Network

Thanks in advance again.

Aldo

Your Cisco 870 series image should be able to do the job of a firewall, for the ease of use, Cisco provided the SDM,Security device manager. called it up by using https://routeripaddress. from there you can self explorer.

So, do you recommend me to do all the job with the cisco or add a new device to the network?