cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EasyVPN client and internet/local lan access

barryhill
Level 1
Level 1

I connect to my remote network (Pix501) using EasyVPN with a shared key. I have checked the allow local lan access selection on the transport tab but cannot access the internet through my local lan/router. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Allowing Local Lan Access would no prevent the internet access.Check for the normal internet troubleshooting fetures such as router configuration.Also check if the NATing is done fine on the router

Sorry. I didn't explain myself well enough. I am working from home and using EasyVPN to establish a VPN tunnel through our Pix501 at work to access our work network. I want to concurrently use the internet. What set up is required to do that?

You need to configure a split tunnel on the 501. You create an ACL that specifies the split traffic and then you assign it to the VPN group.

Split tunnel and ACL has been configured. The problem is that the local computer makes the IP address assigned to the VPN connection (DHCP assigned by the PIX) as the default gateway in the route table.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: