Views
Helpful
Replies

Verifying QoS in a 6500

ewaizel
Level 1
Level 1

I just enabled QoS in a 6509 (mls qos).

My main requirement is about having counters so see how many packets for each CoS/DSCP type each interface is sending and/or receiving.

Additionally, how many of these are sent to each one of the queues (how many to the high priority queue and how many to the others).

The command I found (show queueing interf gig x/y)

includes counters for packets being discarded. This is nice but gives you information only when congestion happens. During normal operation it is all zeros.

Smaller switches like the 3750 or 3560 include the following command: "show mls qos interface x/y stat". Gives me the counters I want. Nevertheless, does not exist in the 6500s.

In a summary, I want to have no concerns about VoIP traffic not using the high priority queues. I also want to make sure we don't have any rogue packets using the high priority queues. Get the idea? Any other commands you may know to verify this?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

The no. of incoming/outgoing packets for each tx-queue.

show qos statistics

Guys,

I have the EXTACT same requirement for the 6500.

The response to this dows not work. I am working using a sup720 in native.

Please can someone help?

Thx

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card