CCVP - Cert advice. not sure what to do..

Unanswered Question
Mar 30th, 2007

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some advice on my certification track.

I currently work for an ISP delivering and implementing services and solutions for our clients. My role involves PE and network core configurations (all cisco devices).

My main interest is voip and we have recently begun rolling out CCME deployments.

I currently hold CCNA/CCDA/IPTX and have passed the CVOICE & QOS exams for the CCVP track. Our company is not certified to deliver Callmanager solutions, which is my problem.

I dont think there is any point in attempting the CIPT, IPTT exams without having access to a Callmanager. The GWGK may be possible but from what ive read, it should really be done last.

I could find a job elsewhere but I don't really want to until at least the end of the year.

Would it be best to wait until I have passed the other exams (cipt and iptt) before attempting GWGK or should I start it now?

Paul.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
srue Mon, 04/02/2007 - 18:50

You can do online rack rentals. as long as you find a good CCIE Voice online lab rental, it should have everything you need for any of they ccvp exams (or other cert tracks as appropriate). Just enter something like "cisco rack rental" or "ccie rack rental" into your favorite search engine.

wagnerm Fri, 08/03/2007 - 11:38

Hey Paul, I just completed the CCVP and found out that the GWGK can be completed after CVOICE. Do the troubleshooting exam last as it will have questions about the call manager and gateways.

steve_steele Fri, 08/03/2007 - 13:43

Hi Paul,

I live in Queensland and am a customer of Pacific Internet.

I have a Cisco MCS 7815 Server running Callmanager 4.1 which I picked up cheap about a year ago, I have not really looked at since I purchased it , I also have a cisco VG200.

I'm currently looking for a few bits of equipment which would be more appropriate to my immediate studying (3550, 2800 series).

If you want to chat about it drop me a line on steveATsecureitworld.com

Steve

Avner Izhar Sun, 08/05/2007 - 07:11

Hi,

My recommendation is to wait till you cleared the CIPT exam, IPTT can be taken before or after the GWGK. Call Manager access is important for the CIPT and you can use online racks for that.

HTH, Avner.

Actions

This Discussion