cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5500 version7.2

daliaelmassery
Level 1
Level 1

if i have two external interfaces how can i route the packet to the external interface depending on its sourse ip address ?

4 Replies 4

ahmet-saat
Level 1
Level 1

It depends what you are looking for.

Actually if you mean I have two ISP, and i wanna route packets based on source Ips, you have to use policy based routing. And u need plus licence for it.

If you mean, I have some clients and i wanna permit or deny them, you can create access-lists,

If you can give more we can detail it...

If it helps pls rate,

thanks to you i mean i have two internet router each one belong to different company and i have clients all in the same lan and i want to route them each group to thier company router, the current situation they all go to the net from only one router .

Hi friend,

You can use Policy Based Routing. Here you can find useful infomation by this link...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6635/products_white_paper0900aecd805f0bd6.shtml

Pls rate if it helps

I think that there is some misunderstanding in this discussion. The original question was how to do this on ASA5500. The link that you provided is for IOS based devices (and has 1 route statement from an ASA as a part of the complete solution. But the ASA is not an IOS based device.

As far as I know the ASA does not support Policy Based Routing. I do not know of a solution on the ASA5500 to route something based on its source address.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: