cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Vlan to internet

sbacalanmo
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2950 with multiple vlans(1-8) each vlan has a mix of public and private IPs. can beconnected to 3600 or 7204VXR, both routers are gateway to the internet. how can i give internet access to 3 vlan in the network?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ahmet-saat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

There are two ways as i know,

You can create a trunk link between 2950 and to gateway routers. And on the router you can create sub interfaces for these 3 vlans. But one caveat is that the other 5 vlans can not be communicated with each other.

And the second is easier. You can create access list on the gateways so only vlans that you permit will surf...

Pls. rate if it helps...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ahmet-saat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

There are two ways as i know,

You can create a trunk link between 2950 and to gateway routers. And on the router you can create sub interfaces for these 3 vlans. But one caveat is that the other 5 vlans can not be communicated with each other.

And the second is easier. You can create access list on the gateways so only vlans that you permit will surf...

Pls. rate if it helps...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card