cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5510 ASA won't boot please help

goonyee268
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco ASA 5510 that when booted the lights of Power,Status,Active,VPN are all lit up except and green. The Flash light is red or not showing any color. Also i can't connect through it using the console port with com1 96800/8bits/parity none/stop bits 1/flow control none. I can't even see the IOS booting

3 Replies 3

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

This seems to be a hardware failure and you may need to replace it. If this is a new purchase, I'd recommend to get in touch with your reseller immediately and get a replacement.

Regards,

Vibhor.

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello if you Status LED = SOLID Green (not blinking) then that usually means the POST has passed.

I would suggest to open a CASE with Cisco TAC regarding this (if support is there). Cisco is usually very prompt in hardware (or part) replacement

Ironically the Cisco documentation does not mention anything about a FLASH light being amber, it only mentions about green.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_hw/v_72/72_hig/asach3.htm

Regards

jbiersba
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to be clear, you are using 9600 data rate, 8 bits and no parity correct? your origional post indicated 96800 as a data rate which would explain your problem if it were not a typo.

What type of terminal program are you using?

-Jay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: