CCIE R&S Writen v3.0

Unanswered Question
Apr 1st, 2007

I see on this WEB site that the version 3 is valid from 01/12/2006 through 31/12/2006...the program is quite different from the other version (no WLAN and VoWLAN! Yeaaah!). Which one should I rely upon (what a strange idea having a new version just for a month!)

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (3 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Mon, 04/02/2007 - 08:01

This was the beta test for the revised R&S written exam. If you plan to take the written in the very near future, you will need to know the topics covered in the current blueprint found here:

There is not currently a release date for the new written version. Results from beta exams are generally available 6 to 8 weeks after the end of the beta period. The new version will be launched sometime after that.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

joyride_us Mon, 04/02/2007 - 11:59

thank you for the reply! I am working on a 2 to 3 month time-window for the written part. Am I right assuming that version 3.0 will then be relevant ?

(sorry for insisting but if I can skip the WLAN stuff, I will be a happy man!)

Brandon Buffin Mon, 04/02/2007 - 12:08

It's hard to say. I took the voice written in December of 2005. I did not receive the results until April 2006 and the new exam did not go live until October 31, 2006. So, I'd say if you're going to sit for the written in the next 2 to 3 months, you're more likely to be taking the current exam. The date for the new exam should be posted at the following link when it is announced.

This Discussion