Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 2620XM and Cable Modem..

SCORPION69
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco 2620xm Router with a c2600-ipbase-mz.124-12 IOS installed....also have a NM-1FE-TX module.

I connect Ethernet0/1 to the cable modem and Ethernet0/0 to the lan.

Ethernet0/1 is getting a valid ip 65.xxx.xxx.xxx from my ISP........and ethernet0/0 has a fixed lan ip 192.168.xx.xx

Ethernet0/1 has NAT (outside) and Ethernet0/0 has NAT (inside)

I tried a static route 192.168.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.0 65.xxx.xxx.xxx ........that did not work.

I am NEW to Cisco routers so I am sure I missed something?

I get no internet access...and cannot ping the 65.xxx.xxx.xxx ip.

Any thoughts?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Assuming you have already NAT setup properly you just need a default route on the router to point to e0/1. If you already haven't configured a default route then configure the following command from config mode;

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 e0/1

If you are still having problems posting the full configuration would help.

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

Your NAT config should something like this if you are trying to do NAT overload.

Router(config)#ip nat inside source list 1 interface e0/1 overload

Router(config)#access-list 1 permit 192.168.xx.xx 0.0.0.255 --> substitute your e0/0 subnet address and wild card mask here

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

foxbatreco
Level 3
Level 3

Hii,

There shouldnt be a probs with tht until dere is some mismatch in nat statements or the ip thts being applied. R u trying to do overload or jst one to one mapping of private to global ip's.Please clarify to this so tht we can help u reach the resolution of the problem.

Assuming you have already NAT setup properly you just need a default route on the router to point to e0/1. If you already haven't configured a default route then configure the following command from config mode;

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 e0/1

If you are still having problems posting the full configuration would help.

HTH

Sundar

Thanks.....

I am just trying to map private to global...

192.168.xxx.xxx to 65.xxx.xxx.xxx

Your NAT config should something like this if you are trying to do NAT overload.

Router(config)#ip nat inside source list 1 interface e0/1 overload

Router(config)#access-list 1 permit 192.168.xx.xx 0.0.0.255 --> substitute your e0/0 subnet address and wild card mask here

HTH

Sundar

Excellent.......I am now runnig thru the router...

I just updated the IOS to c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-11.T

So I configured the firewall....

The whole purpose of this was to BYPASS and possible eliminate the ISA SERVER...

I may try to configure the router >> ISA server.....

I just wonder if i get better performance from router only...

I only have a couple of users....

THANKS AGAIN....

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card