Views
Helpful
Replies

Q on CCM Clusters

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

we know that one 7815 MCS supports up to 300 user how, but many users does a cluster of two 7815 MCS's support? and if the cluster consists of 3, 4 or more servers how many users also are supported?

and the same question on 7825 7835 ....

could u please also provide one link that documents and collects all these settings since i found many documents that talks about this but seperately what i want please is a document that unifies all the above req

thanks

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

each cluster can go up to 300 users on a 7815. With the 7815s you can only have up to 2 servers in the cluster. With 7825, 35, 45 you can have up to 30000 end devices depending upon the type of server and number of servers in the cluster. 7825 is recommended to home up to 1000 devices, 7835 up to 2500 devices and 7845 upto 5000 devices.

Check the SRND for the version you are looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00806e8c27.html

Also use the Callmanager Capacity tool.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/CT/CCMCT/ct.cgi

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

thanks Sanker for ur response, what i want to make sure on is this:

i found that 7825 supports up to 1000 users is it per server or per cluster?, since sometimes i found it is per server and other times i found this is per cluster!?

if it is per server then i guess a cluster of 7825 can support up to more than 1000 users

and then what is the maximum servers allowed per cluster for the case of 7825 servers?

the same question also applicable for other series 7835, 45?

please advise

thanks

hi,

values mentioned in previous post is per server however you can have 8 servers in cluster as per recommendation.

for more information please go through the SRND shared in previous post

hth...

thanks gajolly

so if this is per server not per cluster, can one conclude that a cluster of 2 7825 servers can support up to 2000 users, since each 7825 server can support up to 1000 user ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: