cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2924 Switch

edgarcunningham
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2924 (copper only) and would like to config it to accept my connectivity through my DSL connection. How do I input the IP/gateway configs for acceptance?

I would also like to be able to have my collegues log on from the outside and run one of my programs from their location. How do I config a port(s)for them to access my program.

Thanks in advance....

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

this is a layer 2 switch only and any addressing or gateway is strictly used to manage the switch . If you just want to use it for additonal ports just plug it into the DSL ethernet port , but that dsl modem would have to do NAT in order for it to work .

Can anybody recommend to me what kind piece of equipment could be used to complete my task?

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can buy a Cisco 800 series router for configuring it to the requirement. Please see the link below for more info on the product.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_data_sheet09186a008010e5c5.html

HTH,

-amit singh

Thanks, I'll try this and put configs on, in you opinion are the configurations the same as switches (ie IP address/default gateway)?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card