cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client connects but cannot connect to network

jwilliard
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing an issue similar to others posted in here. I have a 2611XM that is currently acting as a local DHCP server and firewall. I would like to be able to VPN to the router and be able to connect to the local network as well as the internet. I would prefer to use split-tunneling, but am willing to settle for connecting through the router.

At this point, the VPN Client 4.8 can connect to the router and turn up a tunnel. I am unable to ping anything on the local network but can ping internet IPs. To add to the confusion, while I can ping public IPs, I cannot resolve hostnames via DNS or browse to web pages. It seems like traffic is getting out, but not coming back... Most likely a NAT issue, but I don't know where. I've attached the config. Any assistance would be appreciated.

After the client connects, it gets the following:

IP: 10.x.100.x

SN: 255.0.0.0

GW: 10.7.7.254, 10.0.0.1

DNS: 4.2.2.1

The part that I find odd is the second gateway it receives and the subnet.

UPDATE: I seem to have resolved this issue by playing with the ACLs.

1 Reply 1

abdave
Level 1
Level 1

There is a concept of split tunneling .you may need to enable this in order to access local network !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: