Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI and SCI

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi List;

Can any one advise me why the communication between ICM and IVR via SCI and not JTAPI while the communication between IVR and call manager is JTAPI? Also, what kind of communication between ICM and Call Manager?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bilal,

'Rate the posts' meaning that if you think that the answers to your questions are right you might scores the answer. In the right corner at the bottom you will find a 'Rate the post' link or combo.

Regarding your questions, you can imagine a PG as a container of PIMs. A PIM manage a peripheral connection to an ACD or IVR.

For traditional ACDs or CallManager there are specific PGs available in Cisco Pricing Lists and they don't use GED125. These PGs use CTI connections to the ACDs and the CTI connection depends on the CTI link provided by the ACD (Avaya->MAPD, Nortel->Sympoium, CallManager->JTAPI).

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The communication between IVR and ICM is SCI. This means that the communication between IVR and ICM implements the GED125 Cisco reference. This is a must to allow ICM the IVR control.

This protocol implements the communication between an IVR and ICM, wichh, for example aloows the IVR to know wich script executes for queuing. The GED125 only refers to signaling not RTP voice.

The communications between CallManager and IPIVR uses JTAPi to allow the IVR to monitor CTI Route Points and CTI POrts, which they are CallManager entities, so it is necessary to use JTAPI. In this case there is RTP traffic involve, and call control signaling.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Hi Luis;

Thanks for your kindly reply and help.

So GED125 is a cisco proprietary protocol and not an standard protocol?

About CTI: why cisco is using JTAPI and does not use TAPI only Or CTAPI?

In CTI and GED125 Cusci Reference: when u r talking about call control and signaling, then u r meaning these same control and signaling in H.323 or SIP (VoIP protocols) or u r talking about another kind of control and signaling?

Regards

Bilal Ghayad

Bilal,

GED125 is a propietary protocol from Cisco to implement the dialog between an IVR and Cisco IVR PG to implement the IVR functionality with third party IVRs.

Really, I don?t know the reasons why Cisco uses JTAPI , but this JTAPI implementation also is propietary of Cisco, but with JTAPI you can implement CTI advanced functionality as control CTI Ports and CTI Route Points.

When I am talking signaling I am talking about the JTAPI dialog between Callmanager and IP/IVR, with envolves the RTP sending to the CTI Ports managed by the IP/IVR. I talked too about signaling when there is an only data dialogue between the IP/IVR and ICM PG using the GED125.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Dear Luis;

Thanks for your kindly help.

GED125 can be used to do link between Cisco IVR PG and any other third party IVR (even if it is AVAYA IVR, InIn IVR, ...)?

Where I can find a document about GED125 and CTI as a protocols?

Regards

Bilal

Bilal,

You need to implement GED125 on your IVR to integrate with ICM. You could documentation about these protocols in the URL above in the 'SOLUTION TECHNOLOGY: CUSTOMER CONTACT' combo:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

(Please, rate helpful posts ;-))

Thanks Luis.

Any IVR that support GED125 can be integrated with Cisco ICM? If yes, that mean GED125 is a standard protocol for communication with IVR's. Please advise.

From the other side, the GED125 settings can be done via AW, correct?

Again thanks a lot for your kindly help really.

Regards

Bilal

Bilal,

GED125 is a propietary protocol from Cisco that onlu allows an IVR to communicate with ICM/IPCC Enterprise. It is the IVR manufacturer who is responsible to implement it.

My company has developed a 'dll' that can be added in the IVR source code, if it was possible. This dll implements all the negociation between IVR PG and the IVR.

To manage the IVR you need to install a VRU PG and connect your IVR to the PG using GED125, and setup the trunks, network trunk groups, IVR scripts, etc in the same way as with Cisco IP/IVR.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

(Please, rate helpful posts ;-))

Thanks Luis;

The DLL that ur company added it for the IVR Source, was a software to run what kind of protocol that is able to talk with IVR PG? Is it a DLL to apply GED125 or what? As IVR PG in the ICM is ready to talk with IVR only via GED125.

What kind of protocol is used to do the communication between IVR and VRU PG? In case of using VRU PG, then we deploy it on the PG servers instead of IVR PG?

I am understanding that in case of have a non Cisco IVR, we are going to use VRU PG instead of the IVR PIM, correct?

But ICM accept VRU PG?

Regards

Bilal

Bilal,

VRU PG and IVR PIM are the same thing. Our 'dll' implements the low level messages between the IVR PIM and the IVR that are defined in GED125.

So, If you plan to deploy a custom IVR in ICM, you will need a IVR PIM, the concurrent number of IVR Ports in the PIM and implement the GED125 VRU Interface between your IVR and the IVR PIM.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

(Please, rate helpful posts)

Juan;

So GED125 is a standard protocol for managing IVR's, correct?

If u r talking about cisco propietary then u might mean that the IVR PIM is a propietary, correct?

Please advise.

Regards

Bilal

Bilal,

In the ICM enviroment GED125 is the standard protocol to manage the IVR.

GED125 describes the dialogue between an IVR and the IVR PIM (or IVR PG, is the same conceptual thing in this case). IVR PIM is always the same for all IVRs (from Cisco or from third party IVR vendors).

GED125 uses TCP/IP to communicate, interchange mesages, the IVR and the IVR PIM.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

And what is the storey of the VRU PG? (What is the difference between VRU PG and IVR PIM)?

Regards

Bilal

Bilal,

A Peripheral Gateway can content several PIMs. You will need one PIM, for example, for CallManager and another PIM for Cisco IP/IVR. There are PIMs for Avaya Definity, Notel Meridian, Ericsson MD110, and much more.

You can set up a Peripheral Gateway with two PIMs, one for CallManager and other for IVR.

A PIM collects information regarding the peripheral wich is connected (agents, calls, etc.) and it can manage routing petitions from the peripheral to ICM.

Please, rate the posts.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thanks Luis;

What do u mean by rate the post and form where?

OK, but I did not understand yet the difference between VRU PG and IVR PG?

Regarding to the IVR PIM's that are using with AVAYA or Nortel and so on, all of these IVR PIM's are based on GED125? Please note that I am AVAYA specialized IPT.

Regards

Bilal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: