Views
Helpful
Replies

Managed service devices and RME.

stevejhale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for any suggestions on how to manage "telco managed devices" within CiscoWorks. This set of devices we can access with RO snmp strings and inventory collection is working. However I do not want to continually try to authenticate onto these devices via ACS or telnet as we do not have that access layer (being a managed service).

Currently I have grouped all devices in this criteria set with a common token, set group rules and I remove them from RME in bulk, however I then lose the ability to collect inventory for reporting. It would be appreciated if anyone has any workaround for this, is leaving the verification credentials blank for telnet a possibility?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Only way is to disable the default inventory polling and configuration fetching.

Create groups of devices where you would want config managment, exclude these "telco managed devices" and schedule the poling and config fetch.

Also the automated actions should be redone for this group.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Only way is to disable the default inventory polling and configuration fetching.

Create groups of devices where you would want config managment, exclude these "telco managed devices" and schedule the poling and config fetch.

Also the automated actions should be redone for this group.

Cheers,

Michel