cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate Greeting doesn't take

Jim Augherton
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 4.0, when trying to record a Client's alternate greeting from within unity administrator - ater recording the messages then hanging up - the phone keeps ringing - like retrying to record the message. When you save the recording - it never saves or allows play back. I've rebooted all associated unity servers hoping this would fix it. Space isn't an issue- Thanks for any and all help.

Jim

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you check to see what TSP version you are running on Unity to connect to CCM. It sounds like the TSPs are not getting the hangup command for some reason, or you having a database issues.

have you tried with different subscriber?

How about a new subscriber?

Try it from the SA interface. You can login into the SA, then go the subscriber, greetings and have Unity dial the phone you are at, record the greeting, then press stop and save. See if this works. This will at least narrow down where the problem my exists.

cheers

Running TSP verson 8.1(3) I've tried it with call handlers, and serveral different users same results. Run database walker and fixed any errors found - retried it same results. I ran the resync on the TSP yesterday - and tried it this morning; same results. You can change the alternate greeting from a phone - but not from within Unity Admin screen.

So there are a couple ways from the admin screen to change a greeting:

- upload a .wav file to the greeting you want to change and save

- set the options under the greeting to have it call you at a certain phone (you have to put in the unity server name or IP and extension you are at) You hit the play button, Unity will call you at that ext, then start the greeting. You can then hit the record button to record, then hit the save in the upper right corner to save. Then hang up.

NOt sure if you have tried those yet.

Jim Augherton
Level 1
Level 1

Hadn't tried that, but did - same results, it allowed me to save the file, and ask me if I wanted to over write the current one, but as soon as I stopped recording, you could see the hour glass pop up and the phone started ringing where I tried recording. I have a TAC on it now - I'll post the results if any? Thanks for the input - beats me??

yeah, sounds like a java problem on your local machine possible. Jave is what controls all those functions in the IE window. I would try from a different machine to see if works else where.

Jim Augherton
Level 1
Level 1

Tried another PC, this time it wouldn't stop calling back - (about 8 times). One thing I did notice, the recording bar never moves, you just see the hour glass spinning. Had to bring up another client and finally it quit ringing. Thanks Jim

Loaded the latest version of Java - didn't help. Recording indicator bar never moves and phone keeps getting called back. Would any happen to know the latest version of TSP?

Thanks Jim

You have the latest and greatest software. 8.1.3 is it.

Have you tried reseting the ports either on CCM or Unity?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: