cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UpDown on interface

londint
Level 1
Level 1

I am on Ciscoworks 2.6 and now want to be able to monitor when particular critical port goes down.

How do I go about this?

I also want to be able to send such information to my moble phone,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The description is the text that follows the FACILITY-SEVERITY-MNEMONIC. So, for LINEPROTO, a sample description would be:

Line protocol on Interface Tunnel0, changed state to down

If I wanted to match on just that interface, I would do:

*Tunnel0,*

For you, use *FastEthernet7/3,*.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The DFM component of LMS can do this. Make sure the interface is managed by DFM, and when it goes down, DFM will create an OperationallyDown event. You can then configure Notification Services in DFM to send this event to an email address.

Alternatively, you can configure a syslog Automated Action in RME to watch for a syslog message indicating the interface is down, and send an email.

Thanks

I have used the AA portion of the RME but it does not allow me to select for a particular port, what I have is

1. LINEPROTO * 3 UPDOWN Error

2. LINEPROTO * 2 UPDOWN Critical

3. LINEPROTO * 1 UPDOWN Alert

4. LINEPROTO * 0 UPDOWN Emmergency

but this is on the whole switch and not for a particulr port say fastethernet 7/4.

Also I cannot see anywhere in the DFM where it says operationally down. And have they done away with Monitoring Console?

Thanks

You have to use pattern matching on the Description to match the port you want. For example:

*Tunel0,*

Thanks

So you mean instead of me having Critical, Emmergency and so on in the description, I need to have

FatsEthernet7/3?

Thanks

The description is the text that follows the FACILITY-SEVERITY-MNEMONIC. So, for LINEPROTO, a sample description would be:

Line protocol on Interface Tunnel0, changed state to down

If I wanted to match on just that interface, I would do:

*Tunnel0,*

For you, use *FastEthernet7/3,*.

Thank you so very much. It is working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: