cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot change VLAN on ports - CiscoView

londint
Level 1
Level 1

Using the Chasis view on CiscoView, I cannot seem to change VLAN on ports on a Cat 4510R. Is there any reason why? And how can i go about doing this?

I can do it on a Cat 6509.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Changing the port VLAN ID is not supported in the Cat4000IOS package. As a workaround, you can right-click on the 4500 chassis, select Configure > VLAN & Bridge, and assign ports to VLANs there.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Changing the port VLAN ID is not supported in the Cat4000IOS package. As a workaround, you can right-click on the 4500 chassis, select Configure > VLAN & Bridge, and assign ports to VLANs there.

Thank you so very much. It worked!. Thanks

Hi

I have the same problem trying to change the VLAN on a port using CiscoView on a WS-C6509-E switch. The IOS is (s72033_rp-ENTSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF

I can change the port description, but get a small "Error on Page" message at the bottom left when trying to change the VLAN.

could it be a problem with the device package?

This error indicates a problem with JavaScript. You're clearly using IE. What version? If you download Mozilla 1.7.13 from http://www.mozilla.org, can you modify the VLAN using it?

Thanks Joe, I will try this and let you know.