question of connection trunk

Unanswered Question
Apr 2nd, 2007

A little confused about command " conneciton trunk". Here is the link I am refering to: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800afd65.shtml

Here are my questions:

1. Is connection trunk a PLAR? I hope it's not since there is another command connection plar.

2. If it's not, how is the process taken when user from maui-sit-01 wants to call user on rtr-07? User pick up the phone and get dial tone then dial 2001? If that's the case, what's the difference without trunk.I can just use the regular way to configure it. I guess I must missed sth. Thanks

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Wed, 04/04/2007 - 07:04

The "connection trunk" command creates a permanent connection between 2 voice ports simulating a T1 connection between these devices. In the example in this link, the user would never dial 2001. The maui-slt-01 router dials 2000 and 2001 to create the trunks. The user can then dial remote extensions that will use these trunks as the voice path.

The "connection plar" command directs all incoming calls on a given voice port to a specific DN.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion