cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

two unity autoattendants

jones2sr
Level 1
Level 1

I have two unity servers sharing the same callmanager servers in two different locations. I have a situation where if someone calls in and is on the autoattendant on unity B and wants to either dial by name or dial by extension on unity server A would I have to configure a directory handler to add the extensions/names of the users on the other Unity server and vice versa?

thanks

7 Replies 7

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

What you're looking for sounds like Digital Networking with Unity. Take a look at the Networking Guide for Unity 4.0.5. Look under Digital Networking. About mid ways in the overview section of Digital Networking it explains what you are trying to do. Here is the first part "When the networked Cisco Unity servers are integrated with the same phone system, the servers can be grouped into a dialing domain and configured such that: Calls are transferred from the automated attendtandent or directory assistance to subscribers who are not associated with the local server."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080449a44.html

Hello. Does it matter that the Unity servers are in different windows domains?

Yes. The unity servers must share some type of Directory. Look at the link that was previously posted. It will list the requirements to accomplish digital networking.

Yes, It is a good document. However the two unity servers are in different directories but share the same callmanager server.

The problem that I'm seeing that you're going have at this point is the directory lookup. Being able to dial an extension in a different unity server isn't a problem. To enable the ability to dial extensions that are not subscribers on a Unity server, you'll create a call handler which is most likely what you did to collect the digits dialed and send it to CM. I think this option in Unity is called caller system transfer.

jones2sr
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to accomplish the above with a callhandler.

thanks

Can you explain the call handler because we are have the same issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: