Several quick questions to CCM 4.1.x to 6.x migration path:
1. when CCM 6.x will be ready for large corp implemenation?
2. Do we need to go from CCM 4.2 to CCM 6.x?
3. We would like to skip CCM 5.x.
4. We need to have phone call recording, ring tones, photo/picture display on IP phones, etc: which CCM version we need to implement in order to have all of these features, as well as IP phone requirements?
5. If go with CCM 4.2 then CCM 6.x, what are server hardware requirements for publisher and subcribers (how many?) as well as ICD 3.5.x version compatibility issues?
Thanks for your great help.
a. 6.x fcs is somewhere in april end/may so i wouldnt be brave enough to jump into this atleast 6 months to a year after FCS.
b. According to this link you will be able to migrate from 4.2 to 6.0
c. You definitely can skip 5.x if jumping from 4.2 to 6.0 as per above link.
d. recording is definitely supported. ringtones, backgrounds are standard in callmanager 4.x, 5.x, 6.x. IP Phones such as 7941/61/70/71 will support background images.
e. make sure you have a min of 72 gig hard drives before moving to 5.x/6.x. I am not aware of any other requirements on the servers at this time. Remember that you will have upgrade to IPCC 5.0 when you move to Callmanager 6.x
PS: please remember to rate posts!