CCM migration path: 4.1.x to 6.x

Answered Question
Apr 2nd, 2007
User Badges:

Several quick questions to CCM 4.1.x to 6.x migration path:

1. when CCM 6.x will be ready for large corp implemenation?

2. Do we need to go from CCM 4.2 to CCM 6.x?

3. We would like to skip CCM 5.x.

4. We need to have phone call recording, ring tones, photo/picture display on IP phones, etc: which CCM version we need to implement in order to have all of these features, as well as IP phone requirements?

5. If go with CCM 4.2 then CCM 6.x, what are server hardware requirements for publisher and subcribers (how many?) as well as ICD 3.5.x version compatibility issues?

Thanks for your great help.

Correct Answer by thisisshanky about 10 years 3 months ago

a. 6.x fcs is somewhere in april end/may so i wouldnt be brave enough to jump into this atleast 6 months to a year after FCS.

b. According to this link you will be able to migrate from 4.2 to 6.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/product_solution_overview0900aecd805e19e7.html

c. You definitely can skip 5.x if jumping from 4.2 to 6.0 as per above link.

d. recording is definitely supported. ringtones, backgrounds are standard in callmanager 4.x, 5.x, 6.x. IP Phones such as 7941/61/70/71 will support background images.

e. make sure you have a min of 72 gig hard drives before moving to 5.x/6.x. I am not aware of any other requirements on the servers at this time. Remember that you will have upgrade to IPCC 5.0 when you move to Callmanager 6.x

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
thisisshanky Mon, 04/02/2007 - 14:01
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

a. 6.x fcs is somewhere in april end/may so i wouldnt be brave enough to jump into this atleast 6 months to a year after FCS.

b. According to this link you will be able to migrate from 4.2 to 6.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/product_solution_overview0900aecd805e19e7.html

c. You definitely can skip 5.x if jumping from 4.2 to 6.0 as per above link.

d. recording is definitely supported. ringtones, backgrounds are standard in callmanager 4.x, 5.x, 6.x. IP Phones such as 7941/61/70/71 will support background images.

e. make sure you have a min of 72 gig hard drives before moving to 5.x/6.x. I am not aware of any other requirements on the servers at this time. Remember that you will have upgrade to IPCC 5.0 when you move to Callmanager 6.x

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

dchen0999 Mon, 04/02/2007 - 15:53
User Badges:

Thank you ever so much Sankar for your great and generous help. And I will follow up you All if I have further concerns.

Best regards.

Actions

This Discussion