FTP Connectivity Problem

Unanswered Question
Apr 3rd, 2007
User Badges:

Hi guys,

I am still muddling around with my initial configuration of the ACS solution engine 4.1

I was trying to install the "Generate the Self-Signed Certificate" but unfortunately when i enter the FTP hosts ip and a username/login followed by the "/" directory.

An error saying verify FTP username/password comes up. On a win2003 server i installed IIS and the FTP component.. and set the ip as 10.c.a.b for the default ftp site. and have been trying to connect to this from the acs box.

Any suggestions as to why the error is cropping up?

To complete the picture.. i have the Win2003 server and the ACS solution engine on the same switch as well.

My ACS can also view all the groups in the AD and stuff, so i do know there is connectivity between the win2003 and acs box..

please help :(

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
andrew.brazier@... Tue, 04/03/2007 - 05:18
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I know it seems a dumb thing to ask you but in the IIS manager under the FTP site properties have you checked the "write" check box to allow write access to the FTP site?

I also find it helps troubleshooting this kind of problem to open a command prompt and test FTP uploads to the FTP site that way using the same credentials as you're using on the ACSSE to chase out any other problems like permissions, etc.

binoyjosephstanly Tue, 04/03/2007 - 22:15
User Badges:

hi andrew..thank you for ur help

but i realised something really really stupid :) The ftp site and all were working from the command prompt.

The only mistake was i forgot to add the domain name in the USERNAME section... i just kept trying with a user account from the AD .. but without adding the domain name.

It works now :) Have the certificate installed... now i need to figure out, how to get Dynamic Vlans and get DHCP service working for each of these dynamic vlans

have u worked on the ACS 4.0 soln engine b4?

Actions

This Discussion