cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame relay Lab

support
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help with a home training lab.

I have a 1720 router with 2 56k csudsu wic cards and have a 2507 router with 16 port hub, I need to know if I can setup frame relay from the 56k wic cards to my 2507 router and if possible the steps needed to make it work. I have checked the internet and tried everything I could find with nothing working. Thanks for any help to make this work.

Steve Sisson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You don't need a T1 WIC. In working environment the client has a Router with physical interface terminated to the CSU/DSU. This CSU/DSU will provide L2 connectivity to the frame-relay WAN.

As I mentioned before you should be able to simulated a back to back frame-relay test lab.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

You can only run back to back frame-relay connection. You can connect both routers to the CSU/DSU and then connect the CSU/DSU together.

As I said it is only frame-relay back to back.

Let me know if this helps,

Appreciate your rating,

Regards,

I understand, and I have more routers and switches but would like to use this 1720 router for frame-relay, so how do they make connections from Pots to client location when they have a 56k wic dsucsu card in thier router? should I purchase a T1 wic card for my router? thanks for the help

Hello,

You don't need a T1 WIC. In working environment the client has a Router with physical interface terminated to the CSU/DSU. This CSU/DSU will provide L2 connectivity to the frame-relay WAN.

As I mentioned before you should be able to simulated a back to back frame-relay test lab.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card