cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame relay Lab

support
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help with a home training lab.

I have a 1720 router with 2 56k csudsu wic cards and have a 2507 router with 16 port hub, I need to know if I can setup frame relay from the 56k wic cards to my 2507 router and if possible the steps needed to make it work. I have checked the internet and tried everything I could find with nothing working. Thanks for any help to make this work.

Steve Sisson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You don't need a T1 WIC. In working environment the client has a Router with physical interface terminated to the CSU/DSU. This CSU/DSU will provide L2 connectivity to the frame-relay WAN.

As I mentioned before you should be able to simulated a back to back frame-relay test lab.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

You can only run back to back frame-relay connection. You can connect both routers to the CSU/DSU and then connect the CSU/DSU together.

As I said it is only frame-relay back to back.

Let me know if this helps,

Appreciate your rating,

Regards,

I understand, and I have more routers and switches but would like to use this 1720 router for frame-relay, so how do they make connections from Pots to client location when they have a 56k wic dsucsu card in thier router? should I purchase a T1 wic card for my router? thanks for the help

Hello,

You don't need a T1 WIC. In working environment the client has a Router with physical interface terminated to the CSU/DSU. This CSU/DSU will provide L2 connectivity to the frame-relay WAN.

As I mentioned before you should be able to simulated a back to back frame-relay test lab.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: