Views
Helpful
Replies

DID config?

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

1: if I ordered 100 DID's from Telco, and i have ccm 5.x and 3845 mgcp gateway connected to pstn through 4 E1, now i want to configure the 100 DID numbers that I got from Telco, please could u inform me how to accomplish this both on ccm and 3845 gateway?

2: how also to configure DID on both ccm and gateway in case of VIC-DID fxo cards?

3: if I configured DID in QUESTION 1, then each incoming call to each DID port will go merely to that port, and each outgoing call will go through any available port in the 4 E1 if they are all in one route group. is this correct?

please help

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Q2: VIC-DID does not exist. What exist is VIC-xFXS/DID where x = 2 or 4.

Note these are basically FXS ports and cannot be connected to regular phone lines. Also, when in DID mode, cannot support outgoing calls

Since you do not appear to be in the US check with your telco about availability of DID on analog lines first.

Hope this helps, please rate useful posts!

thanks p.bevilacqua for ur quick responses it seems u r always on line :)

do u have ideas/answers on the 1 and 3 questions

appreciate ur help

Thank you for the appreciation.

Q1 - I don't really know, but it must be quite simple configuration on the CCM only.

Q3 - will work as you say.

thanks p.bevilacqua for ur efforts

does any one have ideas on the first question NetPros

please advise

Q1. How many digits is the telco going to send to you. A common practice is to send the last 4 digits of the DID.

There are two ways of doing this.

1. Configure the DN on the Phones to match the last 4 digits of the DID or to the number which is being received from Telco. This would work if u plan to do a one-to-one mapping of the DIDs to an IP Phone.

2. If the DID/number recieved from the telco does not match the extension assigned to an IP Phone, you can use translation pattern such that the number received is translated to the DN on an IP Phone.

3. Yea, using Route Groups/Route List would be the best option to send the calls over all the 4 PRIs, letting CM dispatch the call to an available channel on the PRI and if the first is full, send it to the second and so on ..

mchandak,

what should i have to configure on the gateway for this regard to work, is there any thing specific i should configure on the gateway

and who will strips the first digits from calls originated from pstn to local ip phones that match the last 4 digits in DID's?

thanks

ted.karas
Level 1
Level 1

Q. If I'm using a VIC-4FXS/DID card do I use H.323 or can I MGCP for the gateway protocol?

They are using FXO port I'm using FXS ports for incoming DID calls so I'm still not sure if MGCP will work.

what is the router model and NM you have. The most simple method to know if this is supported with MGCP is to go go to the gateway config page for the Router you have, add the Gateway, update it with the NM being used and if you see the Card list there, it is supported with MGCP, else you will have to use H.323

Also FXS is supported, see http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807e13a7.html#wp1061320

Signal Support

Cisco SRST supports FXS, FXO, T1, E1, and E1 R2 signals

I think that the CM may not even need to know that you have FXS in DID mode, especially if immediate start, all what it will see are the called digits.

can the DID's ordered from Telco be more than the actual telephone lines i already have from telco, i mean i have have 1 E1 (30 telephone line) from telco can i order 70 DID

if yes, how this stuff works

could any one clarifies please this concept

thanks

Sure the DID size can be larger that the number of physical channels. Telco will allocate a range of numbers, make sure your extensions matches, and that's it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: