cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade from 3.3(5) to 4.2(1) or 4.2(3)

sequan_01
Level 1
Level 1

please let me know which upgrade would be better 4.2(1) or 4.2(3) from 3.3(5).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

from the compatibility matrix document that i posted earlier you should be able to upgrade directlry to 4.2(3).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Both should work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_software_versions_comparison.html

4.2(3) may have better bug fixes than 4.2(1).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

but do we need to upgrade from 3.3(5) to 4.2(1) and then from 4.2(1) to 4.2(3) or can we directly upgrade from 3.3(5) to 4.2(3)

from the compatibility matrix document that i posted earlier you should be able to upgrade directlry to 4.2(3).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

thank you Sankar for your response. Please also let me know if there are any SR or ES which i need to install after upgrading to 4.2(3).

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anil,

Just to add a note to Sankar's excellent info,you can upgrade directly from CCM 3.3(5) to CCM 4.2(3) Have a look;

If your server runs a version of Cisco CallManager Release 3.2 or earlier, you must first upgrade every server in the cluster to the latest version of Cisco CallManager Release 3.3 before you can upgrade to a version of Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.2. For information on upgrading to Cisco CallManager Release 3.3, 4.0, or 4.1, refer to the appropriate version of the Upgrading Cisco Unified CallManager document. You cannot upgrade directly from Cisco CallManager Release 3.2 or earlier to Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.2.

For Cisco CallManager 3.3 Upgrades to 4.2(3)

If your server runs Cisco CallManager 3.3 and operating system version 2000.2.3 (or later), you can use the operating system upgrade CD-ROM or the operating system upgrade web download to upgrade the operating system to 2000.4.2sr10 or later.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00807202d3.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

where can i get the features comparison for 3.3(5) and 4.2(3)?

There is no specific feature comparion doc available which would point out the new feature between 3.3(5) and 4.2(3). You will have to check for New and Enhanced Feature of CM 4.0(2a) , then 4.1(2), 4.1(3), 4.2(1) and then finally 4.2(3) to get the complete list. Or contact ur cisco partner/SE/AM and check with them if they have any such document available.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anil,

Here are the main CCM 4.2 Feature Enhancments;

CISCO UNIFIED CALLMANAGER 4.2 ENHANCEMENTS

Directed Call Park

Call Forward on Non Registered or No Bandwidth

Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant on a phone

Cisco Communication Media Module

Department of Defense features

Cisco IOS? Software and Cisco Communication Media Module support for inbound Hookflash for Cisco Unified CallManager and Cisco Integrated Services Routers

Device mobility improvements (intra-cluster)

Complex passwords and password aging using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)

Call Pickup Notification (Audible/Visual)

Voice quality statistics

From this CCM 4.2.X guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_bulletin0900aecd8044ab47.html

Like Mahesh noted, there would be some other ones in CCM 4.1.3 etc. You can check the following link;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a008046e1a7.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: