cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 831

kristiant
Level 1
Level 1

First of all i domt know if this is the right place to post..

I got a 831 router and suddenly i stoped working. i plug in the concole cable and

it took me right to the rommon line.

tryd to write something in there but i cant ore the stuff i can write i cant use enter on

7 Replies 7

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

It seems you lost the boot image. You need to upload a new image to the router. Below you can find the link to upload a new image using tftpdnld

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bf9e.shtml

Hope this helps,

Appreciate your rating,

Regards,

problem is that i cant write anything ore i cant execute the commands im writing trough hyper terminal.

second problem is that i domt have a new image avalible either

Edit: i can write now hyperterminal was buging

Hello,

I hope I can help more but to download the image you need to have support contract from Cisco. IF not you need to contact a Cisco Partner in your area.

Hope this helps,

Let me know if you need anything further,

Regards,

found a image but the interfaces goes down then i boot it

Hello Kristian,

I didn't understand your last post, so was your issue resolved or still facing problems?

Regards,

i found a new image whit ios hunter. but after i issue boot after the recovery, all interfaces except the wan port gets administratively down.

I don't see any problem here. It seems you also lost your configuration and the default is interfaces go into shut down state.

You can go to each interface and issue the command "no shut"

E.G

interface f0/0

no shut

Let me know if this helps,

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card