cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

object tracking and lowest switch its available on

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone know what the lowest switch is you can get object tracking on? I get from Cisco sales that you cant get object tracking on a switch, it has to be a router??? With all the layer 3 switches out there, I sure would have thought different...

5 Replies 5

3560 does support object tracking as per the config guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7077/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008077a293.html#wp1074918

I believe this is probably the lowest model switch that supports object tracking.

HTH

Sundar

Yeah, for HSRP is correct, thanks Sundar. But I happen to need object tracking for monitoring two isp links. Any idea on that? I notice that on the 3560, it doesnt support the "ip sla .. " command.

John,

It doesn't look like reliable static route using object tracking is an option with 3560. Cisco might add support for this feature in the future IOS releases and you might want to check with Cisco channel about it. It appears the hardware mayn't be limitation as the existing version supports object tracking with HSRP.

HTH

Sundar

Would you happen to know the lowest switch available for this feature?

I did some digging in and didn't find anything on CCO that would indicate the switches support this feature. After all your Cisco Sales may be correct. That's surprising none of the switches would support this!!

Someone from Cisco on this forum can shed some light on this and may be able to point you in the right direction..

Good Luck!!

HTH

Sundar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: