Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-4A/S on 2621XM problem

stayros66
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'd like to ask for some help. There is a 2621XM with a NM-4A/S card and connected via leased line on 128kbps. We want to upgrade the line to 512kbps but we'll migrate into HWIC cards later. Will the excisting NM-4A/S card operate(at 128kbps synchronous) over the new line(512kbps)?

Thanks in advance

Stavros Telakis

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Usually A/S cards supports a max speed of 128Kbps so in your case it may not be able to support 512 Kbps.

Can you also post the output of show version here so that the exact model of the card can be checked out..

regds

hi,

I know that max link speed is 128kbps. The question is that till we migrate in hwic that will support 512kbps, can we use the old card (operating obviously at 128kbps) with the new line(512kbps)? Is there any timing problem?

thanks for your time

Hi

From my personal experience which i have seen with Cisco 805 routers which normally support a max speed of 512Kbps and tried connecting with a 2 Mbps line the port didn't come up..

regds

No you can't. Is the the line that decide the speed, and the card must follow. It cannot operate at a lower speed than the line.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card