Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on Catalyst express 500

HappyCustomers
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have recentely bought a catalyst express 500 switch. And noticed that I need to put my phones on a different VLAN then my data network in order to use the standard QoS protocol.

I however would like to avoid creating VLANs if at all possible, and was wondering if QoS is on for voice traffic even if I select that I use a normal computer instead of a phone + desktop PC?

3 Replies 3

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Twenty 10/100 ports for desktop connectivity and four 10/100 Power over Ethernet ports to connect and power wireless access points, IP telephony, or closed-circuit TV cameras. Includes two 10/100/1000BASE-T or Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) ports for uplink or server connectivity.

Thank you, but that's not the answer I'm looking for. The Switch I have has 24 PoE ports, so all ports should be suited for both a phone and a desktop.

What I want to know is if QoS for VoIP is on, even when I select that I only have a desktop connected to that port, instead of both a computer and a phone.

Doesn't anybody know??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: