Level 1
Level 1

I can't login in Cisco PCA.

Can anybody help me?.

18 Replies 18

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

What is the Unity version and error message you get when trying to login to Cisco PCA

I have Unity 4.0 and I can't login because username or password is invalid.

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

so what exactly are you doing to try to get the log in?

I want that all my voice mail users can log into PCA and configure their own mailbox but I don't how I must to login in for each user.

The CPCA logon page is the windows logon.

AD username, password, and domain.

If it is still not working there are many things that it can be.

Any firewalls between the client and Unity?

CPCA uses tomcat, is the tomcat service started? are you getting to the log on page in IE?

rlp

There is no firewalls between Unity and client pc and tomcat service is ok.

I login well with administrator account in Unity server but this is not the problem.

I want that each voice mail user can access Cisco PCA but in AD Unity Windows domain there is no the same users in Unity suscribers.

I don't know if I am explaining well.

Do you mean that the unity subscriber accounts are not in AD/exchange? How does Unity work at all if there are not subscriber accounts in AD?

Yes. This is just that I say and I already say to you that all users uses voice mail from Cisco ip phones without problems.

I am sorry, maybe we can take this offline for a while. It is just not possible for Unity to work without a directory (AD or Domino, or even the old NT4 way) So we have to find the users in AD, if that is what you are using, and then go from there in troubleshooting.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/tsg/tsg405/ex/tsg_1400.htm

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/sag/sag405/ex/sag_0055.htm#wp1227118

I read this documents and it doesn't helpful for my case.

I repeat to you that I have installed a Windows domain with AD in my Unity server but in Windows users accounts of this active directory there is no all suscribers of Unity but all my users in the net uses everyday mailboxes from their Cisco ip phones.

Could it be that the subscribers are hidden users in AD? I am not an AD experp but I do now for sure that Unity subscriber accounts are all in AD.

I suggest opening a TAC SR at this point so they can help you find them and the problem with logging onto CPCA which I think is going to be related.

rlp

I discovered that you said is true.

You must to select advanced options in AD users snap-in to view all suscribers but my problem still persist.

I only can login in Cisco PCA with administrator account.

I tried to copy administrator account and give it another name and I can't login so it isn't Windows permissions account problem and I tried to login with a suscriber account and I can't login too (denied access).

I can't open TAC cases.

Good to see that there some progress, I have to go now but I will help in the morning.

In the mean time you should consider reruning the newest version of permissions wizard for the version of Unity that you are running.

www.ciscounitytools.com

rlp

Did you run pw?

Can you send me a screen shot of when you try to logon to cpca after you enter the credentials?

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: