cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

formatted disclaimer

mzi_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to format text in a text resource which is used for message footer ?
(integrate bold or underline types)

33 Replies 33

Funny you ask that because I tried it yesterday.

The only wart on the IronPort system, in my opinion, is the fact you can't do any HTML tagging or text formatting.

Guys, listen up! Help your customers out!!!

dbeste_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

here's my home-brewed html/text footer solution.
Doesn't look nice, but works. Very important the tag!
If you are testing, make sure your client (outlook) is not sending out mails in BASE64. The HTML actually could look simplier, but I'm too lazy too change it :-) Also this allow you to make a difference between text and html.

Textresources:
HTML-Footer:

German bla bla with Umlaut äöü

English blabla

TEXT-Footer:
Normal Text bla bla. Try to avoid special chracter sets.

Content Filters Outgoing:

Order 1:
HTML-Footer: if (body-contains("text/html")) OR (body-contains("multipart/mixed")) { add-footer("HTML-Footer"); insert-header("X-Footer", "HTML"); }

Order 2:
TEXT-Footer: if (header("X-Footer") != "HTML") { add-footer("TEXT-Footer"); }

SSH:
In localeconfig say 3 times yes.

Dude, that's solid work. I didn't even think of the tag. I'll have to give this a shot.

mzi_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for this detailed answer, i will check out during next week and come back to show the results.

mark_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

The approach presented is correct but the HTML is a little questionable since it doesn't balance the pre tags and should not end with . For this to work you must start the text resource with and should end with

(case insensitive). For example, a simplistic HTML footer would be:

Disclaimer

This works since we insert the text resource between a
 pair.

dbeste_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

The HTML looks indeed funny, but you will need the starting tag. You will see, if you fiddle around with it.

Dirk

Rayman_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

:!: Notes/Domino users must use "MIME Format" instead of "Notes Rich Text Format" on their clients to make the HTML footer to work.

robertrenner
Level 1
Level 1

hey ... does someone have a solution to prevent multiple disclaimers?

Yes - in short create a dictionary with a one line of text from the disclaimer.

Then write a content filter that looks for this one line of text...if it finds it..then it should deliver the mail so it does not pass thru any other filters, if it does not contain the text then add the disclaimer.

Key is ordering of filters..look before you add.

Eisenhafen
Level 1
Level 1

sorry, found the answer to my question
;-)

robertrenner
Level 1
Level 1

jeah that would be great! we have about 10 different disclaimers i think it might be a little bit to resource hungry to ask for each line of the disclaimers... in additon to that, all this footers are changing from time to time. i don't realy want to edit the filters for each footer change. there must be a better way =) *please* :lol:

jasongurtz
Level 1
Level 1

HTML in email? How do you propose preventing my stripping out your codes in my MUA?

Disclaimer?
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

'Nuff said. Well....

~JasonG

--

****POST DISCLAIMER****
If there is any other disclaimer or legal notice in this posting, it is hereby declared NULL and VOID; You may safely ignore that content. This disclaimer supersedes all other disclaimers or legal claims added at any time, by any person or entity, even if they claim otherwise. This disclaimer MUST be retained in perpetuity in any derivative and subsequent communication regarding this communication in full or part and this disclaimer MAY NOT be removed by any means, manual or automatic. This disclaimer MAY NOT be altered by any person or entity other than the original author who retains full copyright. Copyright (c) 2007 ad infinitum Jason L. Gurtz
****END DISCLAIMER****

Sorry for jumping in very late :( , but you could just use the following for an HTML Disclaimer:

Latest Virus information

href="http://www.ironport.com/toc">click here?

NOSEND="1">

pssh_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

To save about 15 minutes of bewilderment, ensure that the closing tag is at the very top of the footer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: