Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing issues with LMS2.5

jpeterson6
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I've noticed a strange message whenever I open up one of my packages to do some configuring (Campus Manager, RME, etc). The message states that the software is provided for evaluation purposes only and will be operational for 90 days.

I checked the licensing status under Server > Admin and it's saying all my Licenses are Size: Unlimited, Status: Purchased, Expiration Date: Never.

I looked into it further and realized that we had purchased an upgrade license, but we actually ended up just installing this version of LMS onto a brand-new server with no pre-installation of the old LMS we were using before.

What are my options here? Am I going to have to install the old version on the new server then install the new version on top of it? Can I get a full license key using the same PAK instead of the upgrade license key and just update the CWS?

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You first need to correct the license problem. To do that, shutdown dmgtd, then clear out all the *.lic files under NMSROOT/etc/licenses. Then restart dmgtd, and go to Common Services > Server Admin > Licensing and reimport the license file you got from Cisco.

At this point, if you have an upgrade license, you should be getting a new nag message. It should tell you that you need to validate this license. To do that, you will need to either have a previous version of RME 3.4 or RME 3.5 running, or have your RME 3.4 or 3.5 CD. If you are also using DFM, you will need either a running DFM 1.2 server or your DFM 1.2 CD.

To validate the license, run the command NMSROOT/bin/validatelicense. It will prompt you for what you need to do. This program will take care of validating RME, CM, and IPM. To validate DFM, you need to run NMSROOT/bin/dfmValidateUpgrade.sh (Solaris) or NMSROOT\bin\dfmValidateUpgrade.bat (Windows). Again, you will be prompted for the server or the CD path.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You first need to correct the license problem. To do that, shutdown dmgtd, then clear out all the *.lic files under NMSROOT/etc/licenses. Then restart dmgtd, and go to Common Services > Server Admin > Licensing and reimport the license file you got from Cisco.

At this point, if you have an upgrade license, you should be getting a new nag message. It should tell you that you need to validate this license. To do that, you will need to either have a previous version of RME 3.4 or RME 3.5 running, or have your RME 3.4 or 3.5 CD. If you are also using DFM, you will need either a running DFM 1.2 server or your DFM 1.2 CD.

To validate the license, run the command NMSROOT/bin/validatelicense. It will prompt you for what you need to do. This program will take care of validating RME, CM, and IPM. To validate DFM, you need to run NMSROOT/bin/dfmValidateUpgrade.sh (Solaris) or NMSROOT\bin\dfmValidateUpgrade.bat (Windows). Again, you will be prompted for the server or the CD path.

Great. Worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: