Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.2 question

tpahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I have 2 questions I would appreciate if someone could assist me.

1) on ccm 4.2 if I have have call forwall all, call forward busy, call forward no answer all pointing to another extension on the same phone and that line does not answer, what number is used by callmanager when redirecting the call to unity? the original number or the number the call was forwarded to?

does the behaviour change if the call is forwarded to another phone with all three senaios?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

It should be the line that the call was forwarded to I believe. There is a way to check this for sure. In unity if you open Cisco Unity Tools depot and then Switch integration tools there is a tool called Call Viewer. This tool will show all calls being forwarded to unity. This will tell you for sure what number Unity is seeing.

HTH

Please rate helpfull posts.

Are you 100% sure? or guessing.

If you want to know for sure then use the tool that I mentioned.

Jason

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tarun,

Unity sees the Original Redirecting (original called) number.This is a question that comes up all the time and this behaviour does not change in current 4.x Unity versions.

Have a look at Michaels excellent posts, (ECSBU Test Engineer, CISCO SYSTEMS )

"The situation you describe here (getting Unity to recognize the last forwarding station rather than the first forwarding station), will be a system-wide option added to Unity 5.0. There is not a way to do this with a configuration setting on earlier versions of Unity. I'm not aware of any CallManager settings that will address this issue either."

"We use the OriginalCalledParty and OriginalCdpnRedirectReason fields in SCCP StationCallInfo message from CallManager. The feature in Unity 5.0 will allow admin to configure Unity to look at LastRedirectingParty and LastRedirectingReason fields instead, on a system-wide basis."

From this recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddada58

Also, here is another reference to this exact question with an answer from the Unity Guru Jeff Lindborg;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dda8a86/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Many thanks for the response. Will this behaviour change if the call went to another phone (call forward all,busy, or no anwser) and the other phone did not answer. Would the caller her the voice message from the phone he called originally or the redirected phone?

Hi Tarun,

In the scenario you referred to, the caller would hear the voicemail of the originally called number/phone. As noted, this behaviour can be changed in the newest Unity version 5.x

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: