cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic recording of agent calls and archival solution.

rudyb2000
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running IPCC Express Enhanced 4.0(5). I have enabled desktop monitoring to be able to record and monitor the agent calls. It is currently working, the only thing is that the supervisor has to manually record the agent calls. The IPCC Express SRND states that one option to record the agent calls is by:

"Workflow configuration automatically triggers complete call recording on certain types of calls for agents using CAD."

Our agents are currently using the CAD. Where do I configure this workflow configuration that is stated in the SRND? Is it within the CRS Administration or is it a script? If it is a script is there documentation on this workflow configuration? If there is no documentation what are the steps required and a basic overview on how to configure the script.

Also, we need to be able to archive the recorded calls into WAV format. The IPCC Express SRND also states that:

"The recording capability of IPCC Express is not intended for usage as a permanent recording archival solution. However, an export utility is also available to bulk export all recordings into a .wav format."

What is this export utility? Or is there another method the export the raw files into wav format?

Any help with the two issues above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Rudy

7 Replies 7

m-carry
Level 1
Level 1

Rudy,

sorry I cant answer your question , but unhelpfully I have one for you. When implementing monitoring where do you install the VOIP monitor software from , is on the origial install CDs, I cant see where on CCO to download.

Apologies if this is a stupid question.

Martin

Martin,

From my undertstanding, the IPCC Express servers run the Monitoring and Recording services which are installed during the IPCCX setup. Once the servers are installed and you have setup your agents and supervisors, you can go to the URL HTTP://\appadmin , HTTP://\appuser , or HTTP://\appsupervisor. From one of these sites you should be able to download the agent desktop and supervisor desktop. Install the agent desktop on the agent PCs to be monitored and install the supervisor desktop on the PCs that will be doing to monitoring. Then in CallManager configure the agent phones to enable the SPAN to PC port setting. And finally using the desktop administrator, under Enterprise Data Configuration\ VoIP Monitor, check the Enable Desktop Monitoring for the agent phones that you want to be able to monitor. I appoligize if I have left a step out, but this is a brief overview of what I have set up at my customer's site. There are couple of other ways one of which is to configure SPAN accross your switch network.

I am not familiar with the VoIP Monitor software. I believe the software comes with the CallManager CD's and I am not sure if it is downloadable from CCO.

Hope this helps.

Rudy

msmalley
Level 1
Level 1

You can configure the "workflow" through the Desktop Administrator. It is installed automatically during your install process. You can also install it locally to your pc from the plugins page in appadmin.

In 3.x versions of IPCCX the Desktop Administrator was where you managed teams and supervisors. With 4.x it was moved to Appadmin.

Please rate helpful posts.

Cheers,

I ended up opening up a TAC case for this issue. I am posting the steps I used to perform these tasks hoping that this post may help someone else out with a similar issue. I will sumarize what I did to record all of our agent calls and export the recordings to a network server. To record the agent calls here is a summary:

1) Open Desktop Administrator

2) Click to the following: Locations -> LCC -> Desktop

Configuration -> Work Flow Groups -> Agents -> Default -> Work Flow

3) In Events, you can select "Answered", go to the Rules window and click New

4) Enter the name of the rule and then in the Data Fiedl Conditions, select Edit

5) In the Data Field, you can select "Called#" and in the filter check "Is not Empty".

Check Enable condition and Press ok

6) Check Enable Rule under the Current Rule Condition section

7) Now, go to the Actions window and add an action.

8) Slect the tab "Utility Action", Click new and in the ACtion name you can put Recording.

9) In Action Type, select Record

10) In the Action select Start

Now we are goin to create the workflow when the agent hangs up:

11) In Events, you can select "Dropped", go to the Rules window and click New

12) Enter the name of the rule and then in the Data Fiedl Conditions, select Edit

13) In the Data Field, you can select "Called#" and in the filter check "Is not Empty".

Check Enable condition and Press ok

14) Check Enable Rule under the Current Rule Condition section

15) Now, go to the Actions window and add an action.

16) Slect the tab "Utility Action", Click new and in the ACtion name you can put

StopRecording.

17) In Action Type, select Record

18) In the Action select Stop

- Restart VOIP monitor service

To export the raw files from the IPCCX servers to a network server we created a batch file to run the crsraw2wav.exe file on all if the raw files. Once the crsraw2wave.exe created the wave files the batch file then moved all of the wav files to a network server.

I hope that this may help someone else. Msmalley, your response was greatly appreciated.

Hi,

rudyb2000 that's exactly the solution I'm searching for since I want to activate automatic recording for a small support contact. The issue is that from the batch file I must run crsraw2wav from its own location, I can't move this exe file to another location No?

Could you please help to make the batch file ?

You can use this one.

The only step is to add it on WinScheduler to run each day - lets say at 23:00

Atm i`m working on some enhancments (error loging), but it works just fine.

this is excellent could you please post how you create the batch file where do the recorded files get stored?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: