cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM and CME

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has (3)CCM Clusters in different countries, and number of CME Sites.

The best practice would be to link (3) CCM Clusters via (3) H323Gakekeepers at each site to take advantage of 4 digit dialing and simplified dial Plan.

As far as I know that CME can't be integrated via ICT Trunk or H323 GK. It can only be configured as a separate phone system, and will have to use PSTN to call other sites. Am I right?

If I am incorrect, then what would be the best option configuring sites with the CME to take advantage of simplified dial plan and 4 digit dialing.

Regards,

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME can be absolutely be integrated via H.323 with or without GK, SIP with or without register proxy, or even the two protocols concurrently.

Regarding the dialplan CME supports features like number expansions, secondary numbers, translation rules and the full set of IOS features that in short will let you define your dialplan as better you please.

Hope this helps, if so please rate posts!

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Like Paolo said in his post, CME can be integrated to other CME/CM systems via a H323 gk or ICT trunk. A few things to note here is that Callmanager doesnt register phone DNs as e164 numbers. While CME by default registers all ephone-dn's as e164 numbers. So depending on the number of CME installations, you may want to choose either using only tech prefixes to do the routing or a combination of tech prefix/ e 164 numbers to do the routing.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus