cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 1130 association issues

charleslim2006
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i have a problem, is there any1 here ever encountered some users cannot associate to the same ap in the environment but some users can ?

4 Replies 4

alex.hoang
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue now with 1131s. All clients are actually getting a valid DHCP address, but for some reason, I cannot traverse the network. I cannot even ping the gateway. After a certain amount of time passes, I am able to ping the gateway and all is well. I am perplexed at this problem. Wired desktops do not have this issue.

Hi..Alex, is it because users are roaming? as for mine, i cant even recieve beacon comm between 1130 n the some users

(even i debug to the beacon level).

Is there anyone be able to provide expert advise? was it because of the users firmware or driver or etc?

Recently, i also encounter that CLI command and GUI configuration will varies abit in such that even after applying CLI command on the 1130 AP, the GUI does not reflect grahpically on the CLI command which had been executed on the same 1130AP. was it a bugs?

thanks

I can get an initial beacon, but the client does not send a probe afterwards. We still have not figured it out yet, but I will update as soon as possible.

Are you using the built in wireless cards or external Cisco cards? Are you using the software that came with the card or are you using windows zero configurator?

If you are using one or the other, is the other software turned off. For example, if you are using the Intel ProSet/ Think Vantage whatever, or the Cisco card, did you turn off Wireless Zero Config?

Start/Settings/Control panel/Admin tools/Services/ Wireless Zero Configurator - DISABLE!!!

This should address the issue of clients dropping off and coming back - where you can determine what else is going on...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card