Level 1

hi,

i have problem with my dial backup. pls advise. thanks

11 Replies 11

noctorno
Level 1
Level 1

hq router

I have looked at what you posted and it looks to me like it is more likely a problem with your BRI than it is a configuration issue. Could you post the output of show isdn status?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

krizal_hq#sh isdn stat

Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3

ISDN BRI0/0 interface

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3

Layer 1 Status:

DEACTIVATED

Layer 2 Status:

Layer 2 NOT Activated

Layer 3 Status:

0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0

The Free Channel Mask: 0x80000003

Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 93

ISDN BRI0/1 interface

dsl 1, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3

Layer 1 Status:

DEACTIVATED

Layer 2 Status:

Layer 2 NOT Activated

Layer 3 Status:

0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Active dsl 1 CCBs = 0

The Free Channel Mask: 0x0

Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 0

Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

#################################

krizal_ttdi#sh isdn stat

Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3

ISDN BRI0/0/0 interface

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3

Layer 1 Status:

SHUTDOWN

Layer 2 Status:

Layer 2 NOT Activated

Layer 3 Status:

0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0

The Free Channel Mask: 0x00000000

Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

It has been a long time since the original post and my response. But thanks for posting the show isdn status that I requested. Since the hq router shows:

Layer 1 Status:

DEACTIVATED

and since the ttdi router shows:

Layer 1 Status:

SHUTDOWN

this confirms my suggestion that there were issues with the ISDN. The shutdown status will certainly prevent any use of the BRI and the status of deactivated is also problematic. Resolve these issues and then lets see if the ISDN connects.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

How did you check the isdn status ?

if you observe the config of both the routers , isdn is back up for serial interface.

Either you remove backup interfce bri 0 from serial interface or shut down th serail interface to check the isdn .

Configuration wise there is no prob.

And one more thing have you configured dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit on both the routers.

Please paste the output of debusg isdn q931 after removing backup interface bri 0 from serail interface.

Thanks,

satish

this is debug before removing backup int bri 0 from serial. tq

When satish asked for the debug I believe that he expected to see dial attempts after the backup interface command was removed from the serial. Am I correct that the message at 8:21:08

*Apr 5 08:21:08.875: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by krizal_ttdi on vty0 (192.9.205.88)

was the config change to remove the backup command from the serial interface?

The debug does not show any dialing activity. And in fact I believe that the debug shows that there is not any communication between the ISDN interface on the router and the ISDN switch. As I said before I believe that the issue is some problem with the ISDN interface. I suggest that you work with the ISDN provider to investigate whether there is a connectivity problem between your ISDN interface and the ISDN switch.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

Rick is correct , but before checking with Telco it is better check the voltage which you are getting at NT bOx.Ideal volatge must be in between 96 to 102 V.

Better check the voltage on pin no 4 and 5 of RJ-45 Jack which was connected to Bri port on a router.

If the voltage is fine then you have to check the config of both the routers.

You can also place a test call from cisco router usin "isdn call" from config mode

last question: r u using any routing protocol in the network.

please send us debug isdn q931 after removing backup interface from serail on both ends.

i.e

int serial 0

no backup interface

satish

If problem is persistent, then please check whether ISDN Switch-type command exists in both global configuration mode and interface configuration mode..

Or you can manually check connectivity with :

Isdn test call int bri0/1

Thanks

Shailesh

last time i try do a test call but nothing happen. i already ask my ISP to test, they said my ISDN link is working .

From the perspective of the ISP perhaps it is working on their end. From what you have posted it is not working on your end. When they tested did they send someone to your site to test from your end? If so can you start from where they were testing and check the connections carefully from there to your router. I would like to examine the possibility that something is not connected as it should be.

If you check and are sure that all the connections are ok (are the right kind of cable, is plugged into the correct port, that the connector is firmly seated, etc) then I would check things like is the switch type in the configuration correct?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: