cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking multiple entries reported with different time stamps

stevejhale
Level 1
Level 1

User Tracking multiple entries reported with different time stamps. I get identical information the only difference being the last seen shows different times. How do i get the application just to show me the latest entry and not all of the history?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager do you have?

Version & Patch Level: 4.0.8

Sorry was away for a few days, so it looks liek I need to re initialsise ANI then. Thanks for the advice

If you have not reinitialized ANI since moving to 4.0.6 or higher, then, yes, you need to reinitialize the ANI database as I described in a later post in this thread.

bmasten
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same issue.

With LMS 2.5 it used to get rid of duplicate entries for same MAC addr, same IP, same device, same slot/port with different time stamps. I have many users that pull these reports to indentify dead hanger ports and now this is basically a feature that is lost. I opened a case and they said I would need to reinit campus. I need to know exactly what is going on and why this happened before I go blowing away my entire server with 350 switches setup.

Mine is LMS2.6 so the latest User Tracking 4.0.7

There were two bugs that were finally fixed in LMS 2.6 that caused Campus to load multiple duplicate entries (basically each time UT started). The only solution is to upgrade to Campus 4.0.6 or later, then reinitialize the ANI database.

Can I just reinit UT rather than all ANI?

No. That will cause other problems with data synchronization. It's best to reinitialize the entire ANI database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: