Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.2.3 Attendant Console + Phones in a Call Pickup Group

kpastores
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I had a problem where my AC operator was experiencing unusual slowness with transfers and parking calls (whether she uses AC or by hand on the phone). I had open a TAC SR and this is was the response:

Cisco Unified CallManager System Guide, Release 4.2(3)

?Cisco Unified CallManager Attendant Console does not work with call pickup. The attendant console user interface cannot appropriately handle calls coming from or made to phones that belong to a call pickup group due to Cisco Unified CallManager Java Telephony Applications Programming Interface (JTAPI) and computer telephony integration (CTI) limitations.?

It's hard to believe they took away this feature vs. it being a bug, has anybody ran into this and if so, were you able to find a workaround?

4 Replies 4

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

You simply can't pickup a call that came through the AC Pilot. It's like that in earlier versions too.

hi all,

does the CCM version  6.1.3 has the same behaviour?

thanks,

Yes, the behavior is the same in any version

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant  Console does not work with the group call pickup feature. Because of  JTAPI and CTI limitations, the attendant console user interface cannot  appropriately handle calls coming from or made to phones that belong to a  call pickup group.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Java,

Thanks for your explanation. If I well understand, I expect that placing the AC in a pickup group will not work? ('An AC and a Std phone are in a call pickup group. While the AC is receiving a call, I want to pickup on the std phone.')

Best regards,

jc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: