Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS mixed architecture

marco.armoni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

a customer need to deploy a wan architecture, with some wae running waas, as wasf feature.

Really, we have an HQ with some core-wae, and approximately 30 branches with edge-wae. Other this, we have aproximately 40 small brach, without edge-wae, and aproximately 3000 dial-up clients.

This mixed architecture (branch with edge, and without), is supported ?

Can help me.

Thanks

Marco

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Marco,

I'm not 100% clear on your question, but I'll give it a shot. If this isn't what you are asking, then please provide more detail.

Cisco WAAS does not require that all clients are accessing data through WAAS. However, branches without WAAS would not benefit from any of the optimizations.

Zach

Hi Zach,

thank for answer.

Really, my problem is about file interchange from a branch without waas and branch with waas.

If i understand right, when a client write a file, this file is written in core waas, end after streamed to file server.

The question is: in this time, the branch without waas, couldn't access this file?

There is no problem of sync?

In other words, the file is locked until is written on central file server?

Thank

Marco

Marco,

With WAAS, Open and Lock requests are propagated synchronously to the origin file server. So the origin file server is still response for granting access and lock requests for a file.

In the case of a user working with a file through WAAS, and another user accessing the same file without WAAS, the coherency is managed by the origin file server not WAAS. WAAS was specifically design to support this type of scenario, and ensure that there is no risk of data corruption.

Zach

OK, Zach,

thank for all, now i'll preparing a laboratory.

Thank for all

Marco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: