CE1 Termination at Customer end.

Unanswered Question
Apr 5th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi,

I am confused about how CE1 ( Channelized E1 ) link is terminated at customer end (Hub end).

As per my knowledge there is one connection between E1 modem and E1 port on the router. But i want to know how the serial interface is connected. For ex: There is CE1 connectivity goes from one HUB location to "N" number of branches (one 64 Kbps per branch). So my doubt is whether there are "N" no of serial link termination in HUB end or only one serial connectivity the corresponds to D channel.

kindly Advice

regards

Sony

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
spremkumar Tue, 04/10/2007 - 20:02
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Hi Sony

The main idea behind using CE1 Card is basically to have single termination at the hub end which can be connected to different remote locations.

You will be mapping the remote locations based on the time slots.

You need to have the information of the mapping at the Telco end too otherwise the end to end connectivity wont come up.

But in CE1 you will have your HUB with full channelized 2 Mbps link connected and fractional E1's (64/128/256/512/1024)mapped to the remote location based on the requirement..

The mapping will be end to end in the Telco network from the HUB location to the remote location..

regds

Actions

This Discussion