cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about RMA with cisco

nixonjer07
Level 1
Level 1

How would I go about RMAing a brand new switch that I bought from ebay that arrived DOA?

Anyone have a link with the exact procedure?

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did u purchase, the support contract on your switch.If yes, you can contact TAC directly for the replacement. If you havenot, Please purchase the support contract and that's the only way to get the replacement.

HTH,

-amit singh

I bought this switch from ebay, which was sold as new.

Where would I go to purchase a support contract on this item after the fact ? Is it even possible since I bought the switch from ebay?

Thanks,

Nixon,

Please see the DOA Criteria below:

DOA Criteria

* DOA is defined as new product that fails at initial power-up.

* The DOA process is separate from any warranty programs.

* DOAs must be claimed within 3 months of ship date to partner.

* Products must have been purchased directly from Cisco.

* Customer must provide serial number and purchase order/sales order of purchase.

* Credit will only be issued once product is physically returned to Cisco's designated location

* Standard lead-time to receive replacement product is 3 to 5 business days as new product is made-to-order and are not ?in-stock? items.

Please contact cs-returns@cisco.com to get more info on this and any help on the same.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

I guess what I'm asking, is it possible to purchase support contracts on used cisco equipment?

thanks,

Jeremy

It seems that you are in a difficult situation. I believe that your best option is to try to deal with whoever sold you the switch on ebay.

Beyond dealing with them I do not see a good option for you. The information that Amit supplied about DOA criteria have several points where you would not qualify - most especially this one:

Products must have been purchased directly from Cisco.

So if you do not qualify for DOA criteria then you would need a support contract. I believe that you can buy a support contract from Cisco or from a Cisco partner. But I believe that part of buying a support contract on equipment purchased from other sources requires that the equipment be certified. And if your switch does not work then it can hardly be certified.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I agree with Rick on this. Try to contact some cisco reseller/ partnet to get a support contract on the switch.

-amit singh

Ok thanks guys.

The seller is being a real jerk about this and its going to be hard to get my money back. He claims they tested it before they shipped it but I don't believe this as it arrived DOA.

I will update this thread once I resolve the issue.

Thanks again,

Jer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card